Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Community vs Function: value dimensions contesting


'Monks', Apple loving fans, put off a Windows user, who prefers an inferior product 'I know Windows is awful' to being part of their community.

Good value leads to recommendations, but recommendations steal time and push one community's perspective onto outsiders, who may prefer to be outside, not inside that community.

Guardian writer, Charlie Brooker, explores his feelings towards the Mac evangelists, and towards Windows here. And covered on Fortune's Apple 2.0 blog here. Emotions sometimes trumps reason, so better products do not always make better sales (in the short term at least).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's perfect time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy.
I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you
some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article.
I wish to read even more things about it!

Here is my site :: css3 background image repeat y ()

Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to visit this site, as i wish for enjoyment,
as this this web page conations genuinely nice funny stuff
too.

Feel free to surf to my website :: SunSSchneller